Challenge: Two passionate founders of a nascent AI company sought guidance on navigating the marketing landscape, acknowledging their limited marketing expertise. Their technical knowledge is the foundation of their company; however, they knew they needed to build a powerful marketing strategy to grow.
Solution: Uptimize owner and CEO, Tracey Cheek, led an immersive marketing strategy workshop using the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® (LSP) method. The workshop focused on core concepts like elevator pitch, value proposition, and target market. LSP, a facilitated technique utilizing LEGO® bricks, provided a unique platform for exploration and problem-solving.
- Defining the Elevator Pitch: Initially entangled in technical jargon, the workshop helped distill their complex AI platform into a clear message: transforming chaos into clarity and unearthing hidden data value.
- The Value Proposition: By emphasizing time and resource savings alongside new revenue opportunities, the workshop solidified the platform’s potential and value.
- Target Market Crossroads: Exploring potential markets exposed a hidden conflict between the partners’ strategic visions. This valuable discovery, though initially tense, paved the way for open communication and deeper understanding.
- Enhanced Communication: The workshop facilitated crucial conversation, allowing the partners to articulate their “whys” and reach a clearer mutual understanding.
- Strategic Clarity: LSP provided a bird’s-eye view, helping them shed the “elephant in the room” and gain a fresh perspective on their goals.
- Moving Forward: Despite not immediately revealing their chosen direction, the partners embraced the strategic framework, establishing a common language for future discourse.
- Future Vision: They envision incorporating LSP into team development and onboarding, fostering shared vision and clarity as they grow their company.
How LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® empowered this workshop:
- When working with difficult or highly technical offerings, it can be hard to find relatable words that will reach potential customers. LSP forces participants to think in terms of 3D shapes using a limited number and variety of LEGO® bricks. In this case, that helped the client to describe a complicated offering in simple terms.
- LSP empowers participants who may normally have trouble communicating either because they don’t have the words or they don’t have the opportunity. In this case, it helped to uncover hidden problems that may have held the client’s business back.
- Similarly, LSP empowered these business partners to really get at the “why” of their opinions and learn more about each other, and understand more about their opposing opinions and how to build a unified path forward.
In Conclusion: This case demonstrates the transformative power of strategic marketing workshops, not only in shaping marketing efforts but also in uncovering deeper internal dynamics and propelling companies towards a unified vision.